What is the Penfriend?
The PenFriend is a portable audio labeling device that pairs with self-adhesive stickers or magnetic badges. You can record a label, rather than write it, then play it back instantly using a PenFriend.
How Can a PenFriend Help Me?
A PenFriend can help you:
- Focus on Your Strengths! The Penfriend can help you use the strengths you have – like speaking and hearing. We all have strengths. Let’s use them!
- Get Organized! The PenFriend is a great organizational tool. You can use it to create reminders on a calendar or to break down complicated instructions into simple step-by-step instructions.
- Record and Listen! You can use the PenFriend to record short messages, lists, or instructions, without having to write them out and read them.
What Should I Label?
Your options of items to label are endless! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- School Assignments and Calendars
- Work Calendars
- “To-do” Lists
- Shopping lists
- Important documents
Where Can I Buy a PenFriend?
If you’re receiving Promise services, talk to your Promise counselor. Promise may be able to help!
Or, check out these vendors:
- Independent Living Aids, LLC
This blog was created in cooperation with WisTech.
About the Author
Jaclyn is an Assistive Technologist at the Stout Vocational Rehabilitation Institute (SVRI) and also part of Wisconsin’s Assistive Technology Program, WisTech. I live in the country with her husband, Luke, and their dog, Zip.
More about Jaclyn…
More Blog Articles by Jaclyn