Wisconsin Promise, a project of the Wisconsin Department for Workforce Development (DWD), aims to foster improved health, education and post-secondary outcomes for families and teenage youth with disabilities who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Enrolled families have access to a number of trainings and services, including a training for families on transition and employment planning basics.
The Waisman Center at UW-Madison is partnering with the project to help deliver this transition and employment training by developing a network of family advocates across the state to work with identified families.
The Family Advocates will:
- Connect with families, in their homes or in the community, to share information about the transition process and employment planning using the already-developed training.
- Assist with navigating service systems as needed.
- Strive to organize small learning communities for local families to meet and share their experiences.
Ideally, Family Advocates will be individuals with personal, or professional, experience with disability and public support systems.
Individuals will telecommute and will travel regularly within their region.
The deadline for applying is February 23, 2016.
More about the Positions
There are 10 positions located in various regions around the state. View the individual position openings in each location below. Click on “Position Description” to see more details about the position. Please note: Applicants must apply online. If the online application process poses a barrier, we encourage all people to seek out support from the local job center, community center, etc.
- Racine/Kenosha area (Region 1) #97755 | Position Description
- Milwaukee area (Region 2/3), Position #97761 (Full-time) | Position Description
- Milwaukee area (region 2/3), Position #97764 | Position Description
- Milwaukee area (Region 2/3), Position #97763 | Position Description
- Green Bay/Fox Valley area (Region 4/5), Position #97796 | Position Description
- Northcentral WI (Region 6), Position #97795 | Position Description
- Northwestern WI (Region 7), Position #97758 | Position Description
- Western WI (Region 8), Position #97793 | Position Description
- La Crosse area (Region 9), Position #97757 | Position Description
- Madison area (Region 10), Position #97327 | Position Description
If you know people who might be interested in these positions, please share this with them.
Share this Post
If you have any questions, please contact Molly Cooney at 608-266-0266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.