Did you know you can work even if you receive disability benefits? It’s true. If you have disability benefits and want to work? Program rules called work incentives make work possible. One of the services Wisconsin Promise participants have access to is benefits counseling. Your Wisconsin Promise counselor can connect you with a work incentive benefits specialist.
When you connect with a Work Incentives Benefits Specialist, you will find out:
- What happens when you increase your income.
- What work incentives are available to you.
- How to report your earned income.
- How to minimize overpayments.
- How to access and maintain your health insurance.
Work Incentives Benefits Specialists can assist you if you are considering work, working, or experiencing life changes. Services may be just in time, ongoing, and for the short-term or long-term. Some of the services you could receive include:
- Support with communicating with various agencies such as Social Security or Human Services,
- Benefits Summary & Analysis – a written report summarizing your current benefit and employment situation,
- Ongoing support when there are changes with your income, insurance, or household, and
- Plan development for benefits.
Share this page: