Did you know you can work even if you receive disability benefits? It’s true. If you have disability benefits and want to work, program rules called work incentives make work possible.
You can learn about these incentives by contacting a Work Incentives Benefits Specialist. These benefit specialists can show you how to establish and use work incentives like:
- Impairment Related Work Incentives
- Student Earned Income Exclusion
- Continued Medicaid coverage for Individuals who Work 1619(b)
- Deeming – Process for determining which assets and income count for Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- New! Social Security Section 301. This work incentive continues social security payments to individuals participating in a vocational rehabilitation or similar program like PROMISE.
- Plan to Achieve Self-Support (Ask your Benefits Counselor about this!)